General Rules for Fire Emblem Fates
A. Game Settings
- Time Limit: At least 10 minutes (May change later)
- Handicap: Banned for now
- Eternal Seals: Off or On (Optional; must be agreed upon beforehand)
- Pause: Off
- All Units Available (Except Amiibos and Purchased Units even if they are your own)
- All sets are best-of-3 (May change later)
- All Skills are legal except Replicate
- No Hacked Weapons, stats or skills. Win fair and square.
- Certain Stages are banned: My Castle / Enemy Castle.
- Otherwise all other stages are legal: Valley Settlement, Opera House, Fort Dragonfall, Palace Macarath, Destroyed Town.
- Teams must be prepared before going into battle.
- Warp Clause - Only one Warp user per team.
- Boots boosted Units are allowed.
B. Set Procedure
1. Players select their units. Either player may elect to do Pair Ups.
2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
3. The players play the first match of the set
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages* (Up to two)
5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next
6. The next match is played.
7. Repeat Steps 2 through 7 for all subsequent matches until the set is
C. Additional Rules
● Stage Selection Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
● Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN
Side of the battlefield.
● Stalling is banned: The act of stalling is intentionally making the game
unplayable. Stalling tactics include but are not limited to reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Any action that can
prevent the game from continuing (i.e., pausing, freeze glitches, disappearing
characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that
initiated the action.
● Time Outs / Ties: The winner of a match that goes to time (time out) will be
determined by number of units and HP left. When the timer hits 0:00 player with the
higher unit count is the winner. If both players are tied in units the player with
the higher HP is the winner.
● Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages until both are in agreement on which stage to battle on.
DLC Skills/Classes are allowed as long as both players are okay with them. Same goes with Capturable characters, forged weapons, and special weapons i.e. Ike’s Ragnell, Lucina’s Falchion, etc.
All units must be at Lv. 15-20 or 35-40 (For Special classes) in order to be used in the match. If Unit has maximum stats, it is allowed to use them regardless of level (cannot exceed 20-40 unless eternal seals are in play and are agreed upon)
My Castle rewards such as Visitation Seals, etc are banned and cannot be equipped on your units. However, there are no other restrictions on items. Just don't go crazy with the items.